30 Remarkable Achievements Of The Mayor Of Port Harcourt, Sir Allwell Ihunda In About two years in Office.
Compiled by: Okoye Chidiebele Stephens.
The people oriented Mayor of Port Harcourt, Sir Allwell Ihunda JP continues to fulfill all his campaign promises with his infrastructural developmental strives and human capacity development.
His productive leadership is bringing the dividends of democracy to the people of Port Harcourt in various wards of the Local Government since his emergence as the Mayor of Port Harcourt in 17th June, 2021.
He puts the resources of Port Harcourt into profitable use with his prudence that enhanced productivity in the Governance of Port Harcourt.
Below are 30 Remarkable Achievements Of The Mayor Of Port Harcourt, Sir Allwell Ihunda Within Two Years In Office. Listed in no particular order.
1. Construction of Port Harcourt City Council Health Care Center.
2. Reconstruction of Ohiamini street and installation of solar street light in the street.
3. Construction of Port Harcourt Digital Tools Mall, Rumuwoji.
4. Construction of Global ICT center, Nkpolu Oroworukwo Community, Port Harcourt.
5. Construction of Ultra Modern Market, Oroworukwo Community, PHALGA Ward 9 (80% completed).
6. Construction of well furnished Ozuboko community Hall, Port Harcourt.
7. Construction of 26 room toilet facility in Marine Base, Ward 6 and also construction of Public toilets at Amangana.
8. 12,000 litres capacity water project in Bundu waterfront.
9. Water project in Ojoto street, Mgbunduku Community, Port Harcourt and Water project in Nkpolu Oroworukwo Community, Port Harcourt.
10. Solar street lights in Rumuwoji community.
11. Solar street lights in Orochiri community.
12. Solar street lights in Orogbum community.
13.Restoration of the Motor Park Status in the Abali Motor Park.
And the Ongoing renovation and recovery of the Nkpolu Oroworukwo Motor Park to give space for transporters to offload goods and passengers, and also restore the motor park status of the park.
14. Completion and furnishing of NYSC apartment in Nkpolu Oroworukwo Community Secondary School, Port Harcourt.
15. Completion and furnishing of 200 sitting capacity assembly hall in Nkpolu Oroworukwo Community Secondary School, Port Harcourt.
16. Completion and furnishing of 6 classroom blocks in Nkpolu Oroworukwo Community Secondary School.
17. Drain desilting in Port Harcourt Cities. This has significantly stop flooding in the streets of Port Harcourt.
18. Over 700 beneficiaries in different skills from the Entrepreneurship, Trades and Empowerment Programme. Also 200 widows given money to start up businesses.
19. Scholarship for Port Harcourt Youth in Charkin Maritime Academy.
20. Renovation of the supervisors building and furnishing of 70 offices in the Local Government Council.
21. Completion and furnishing of brand new procurement building.
22. Donation of 500KVA transformer to Wechie and Ikokwu streets.
23. Donation of 500KVA transformer to Abakiliki street, Rumuwoji community.
24. Donation of 500KVA transformer to Rumuoparaeli community.
25. Erosion control: Construction of over 40ft deep, 100m long, 25m width and a pedestrian bridge in Akwuzu street, Rumuwoji community.
26. Construction of a retaining wall to control erosion in Victory Avenue, Elekahia, Port Harcourt.
27. Renovation of the State Primary School 1 and 2 in Orogbum community (Dline) and State Primary School, Ibadan street in Township axis of Port Harcourt.
Click link to watch video
28. Sustained vigorous fight against illegal bunkery activities (kpofire) that helped to reduce the soot in the city.
29. Construction of office complex for Federal Agencies and Parastatals in the Council Secretariat (Ongoing) and;
30. Construction of Staff Canteen and Shopping Mall in the Council Secretariat (ongoing).
And many more not listed here. This is a Local Government, and the projects done within two years in office and many more projects to come.
All is well in Port Harcourt City Local Government!
Sir Allwell Ihunda is working!
– Compiled by: Okoye Chidiebele Stephens.