THE MAN SIR ALLWELL IHUNDA DSSRS (JP).
Born on the 26th Of May 1964, in Orogbum Community, Rebisi Port Harcourt, Into an average family background, Hon. Ihunda thrived hard as a visionary young man to attain success.
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND AND QUALIFICATIONS.
He was enrolled by his parents into State School 2, Orogbum Port Harcourt. Where he obtained his first School leaving certificate. From there he proceeded to Government Secondary School Isiokpo, where he got his West Africa Examination Council result.
He bagged an Economic/Political Science Education certificates from the Rivers State Collage Of Education, Port Harcourt, in 1988.
He also bagged a Bsc degree in Economics in Education, from the University of Calabar in 1992.
A PGD in management from the University of Calabar in 1999, And an MBA, in marketing from the Rivers State University Of Science and Technology, now Rivers State University Nkpolu Oroworukwo Port Harcourt. In 2005.
He has also held several top positions as a career man in various Parastatals cutting across the country which includes Sales/Marketing Manager Of Lafarge Atlas Cement Company Limited, and as a Business Relationship Manager in Real Services Limited.
He has also been appointed as a Senior Special Assistant to the Governor Of Rivers State on National Social Investment program/Cordinator Federal Government Empowerment Programs. He has been a member of several government committees which includes Membership as Rivers State steering Committee on Nigerian COVID-19 Action recovery and Economic Stimulus for Results(N-cares).
Hon. Ihunda also had in his coffers several awards and recognitions which includes:
*Distinguished Service Star, Rivers State (DSSRS) *DMOMA Awards. *Humanitarian Award Of Excellence.
*Knight of St Christopher. (KSC)
*Justice Of Peace (JP). and many others.
He is currently the Mayor of Port Harcourt City (under the platform of Peoples Democratic Party PDP).
His mayoral Cardinal Objectives is on
*Job Creation and human capacity development.
*Infrastructural development and complimenting the developmental efforts of Government in the city center.
He is happily married with beautiful kids.
His One Year In Office As Mayor of Port Harcourt.
The Mayor Of Port Harcourt, Sir Allwell Ihunda Has Proven That A Good Seasoned Politician Can Make A Great Administrator In Nigeria.
– 2 years of productive leadership in delivering dividends of democracy to the grassroot from massive skills acquisition programs, youth empowerment programs, Ultra Modern Hospital, Port Harcourt Tools Mall to over 25 applaudable projects done within year in office.
The Mayor of Port Harcourt City, Sir Allwell Ihunda JP has simplified governance at the Local Government level and proactively set a new standard at the Port Harcourt City Council on what political practice is all about through his people oriented projects.
The residents (indigents and non indigents) in Port Harcourt City council refer Sir Allwell Ihunda 2 years in office as a ‘Productive Leadership’ in infrastructural development and human capacity development that have reduced unemployment in Port Harcourt through the proactive Skills Acquisition and Entrepreneurship Programme of the mayor’s administration.
Below are some of the listed remarkable achievements of the Mayor, Sir Allwell Ihunda, within two years of his administration:
1. Construction of Port Harcourt City Council Health Care Center.
2. Construction of Port Harcourt Digital Tools Mall, Rumuwoji.
3. Construction of Global ICT center, Nkpolu Oroworukwo Community, Port Harcourt.
4. Construction of Ozuboko Community Hall, Port Harcourt.
5. 12,000 liters capacity water project in Bundu waterfront.
6. Water project in Ojoto Street, Mgbunduku Community, Port Harcourt.
7. Water project in Nkpolu Oroworukwo Community, Port Harcourt.
8. Solar street lights in the Rumuwoji community.
9. Solar street lights in the Orochiri community.
10. Solar street lights in the Orogbum community.
11. Completion and furnishing of NYSC apartment in Nkpolu Oroworukwo Community Secondary School, Port Harcourt.
12. Completion and furnishing of 200 sitting capacity assembly hall in Nkpolu Oroworukwo Community Secondary School, Port Harcourt.
13. Completion and furnishing of 6 classroom blocks in Nkpolu Oroworukwo Community Secondary School.
14. Drain desilting in Port Harcourt Cities. This has significantly stopped flooding in the streets of Port Harcourt.
15. Over 700 beneficiaries with different skills from the Entrepreneurship and Empowerment Programme.
16. Scholarship for Port Harcourt Youth in Charkin Maritime Academy.
17. Furnishing 70 offices in the Local Government Council.
18. Completion and furnishing of brand new procurement building.
19. Donation of 500KVA transformer to Wechie and Ikokeu streets.
20. Donation of 500KVA transformer to Abakiliki Street, Rumuwoji community.
21. Donation of 500KVA transformer to Rumuoparaeli community.
22. Construction of erosion control of over 40ft deep, 100m long, 25m wide, and a pedestrian bridge in Akwuzu Street, Rumuwoji community.
23. Construction of a retaining wall to control erosion in Victory Avenue, Elekahia, Port Harcourt.
24. Sustained vigorous fight against illegal bunkering activities.
25. Restoration of the Motor Park Status in the Abali Motor Park.
Building of public toilets at Captain Amangana and Marine base, Port Harcourt.
More infrastructural projects are ongoing in the Local Government.